Can thyme tea bring harm?
Thyme for centuries has been included in recipes of the people’s healers. This herb is rich in healing properties and has a pleasant taste. Drinking tea with thyme helps to maintain health and prevents many diseases.
This herb is known in eastern medicine – these aromatic plants are high in phenolic compounds.
What does the herb look like?
It’s a small bush. The plant reaches a height of 40 cm. It is used in cosmetics, cookery and perfumery. Also in the production of alcoholic beverages.
Thyme tea has the following effects on the work of internal organs:
1. It is very painless.
2. There are antibacterial and disinfecting properties.
3. Helps in radiculitis and sciatica.
4. Explosive actions.
5.Affecting the digestive process.
6.Recommended for rheumatism, diseases of muscles and joints.
7. External cervical skin rashes.
8. This is an excellent remedy for pulmonary diseases.
9. Strengthens the immune system and has a tonic effect on the general condition.
10. Anticonvulsant indicated.
11. Can prevent depression.
12. One or two cups of thyme tea before bedtime will help you cope with the cold.
13. Improves male potency.
14. This is a proven tool to combat alcoholism.
16. The woman cleanses the intestines of parasites and toxins.
17. Removes constipation.
18. It cures acne, pimples and is recommended for problematic skin.
Well, with the abundance of useful qualities, is there any harm to the thyme?
It should be consumed in moderate amounts. Proportions must be observed for preparation.
For one cup of thyme tea, use half a teaspoon of dried herb – that’s enough. Tea becomes excellent if you add a little cinnamon, honey or mint. Tea should be drunk right after preparation.
A potential risk of overdose damage makes it undesirable for use by pregnant women.
REMEMBER – 100 grams of dried herb contains 70 kcal. And one boiled tea with thyme is about 5 kcal per 200 ml of beverage.
This tea tea can be harmful to anyone if used improperly and overdosed.
Summary thyme has the following contraindications for use in the following cases:
From women during pregnancy.
From children up to 3 years old.
People with thyroid disease.
From patients with stomach ulcer.
From people with liver and kidney disease.
Everyone needs to know before touching this tea. Many people think that natural products are 100 percent harmless, but this is not the case.
At the same time, the benefits of drinking thyme tea are really enormous for health.